- Addiction Controlled Steven Tyler:His Story
- Macklemore says ‘not staying sober has been the worst’ part of his music career
- Wiki & Subjxct 5 Made the Next Great NY Rap Tape
- Famous Dex reportedly visits rehab after being released from jail; his Instagram suggests otherwise
- Rap Scores: A Rap/Hip-Hop Gradebook
“There was a rapid transition and to have the world’s eye on me all at once with back-to-back No. 1s, and all the accolades that came with it — I didn’t https://ecosoberhouse.com/ know how to deal with it. I didn’t know how to adjust, so I escaped.” Macklemore has been open about his struggles with sobriety since he was a teenager.
- Seemingly triggered by the death of Lil Peep, Lil Uzi Vert announced he was going sober on social media in November 2017.
- The rapper shares his history with “the disease of addiction” and how he got sober.
- The rapper grew up in a household of substance abuse, and would rather be an advocate for those living in sobriety.
- He got back with his childhood girlfriend, and they got pregnant.
- His parents were both drug addicts, and though he briefly experimented with drugs, he ultimately decided that lifestyle was not one he wanted to live.
For artists, especially up-and-coming independents, smoking grass has always been a way to bond with fans on tour. I once smoked with Chiddy Bang in college and it was one of the best days of my life; I’ll always love Chiddy Bang because of it. As a fan, there’s something cool about saying, “I smoked him up!” but as a sober artist it must be exhausting to be constantly inundated with drug offers from creepy fans who you’ve never met before. It’s not because he’s focused on being a gazillionaire or spending his money on headgear that looks like it’s hiding a bong, but because way back when he had a bad experience with pot brownies that turned him off for life. Music is definitely the rapper’s vice, initially saying Wolf would consist of “weird hippie music for people to get high to”. While he’s said that he’s never really had any desire to drink or do drugs, it’s also notable that he’s pretty naturally turnt up as it is. In an interview with EntertainmentWise.com, Iggy Azalea admitted that she doesn’t drink alcohol or do drugs.
Addiction Controlled Steven Tyler:His Story
To make matters even more dire, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has been solely blamed for making the nation’s drug epidemic “worse,” so reports the American Medical Association. To close out 2021, President Joe Biden launched dual executive orders to combat what they call a “billion-dollar business” responsible for the deaths of 100,000 Americans in just the span of a year. Yet, this country has seen “war on drugs” initiatives crash and burn in the past — a point JAY-Z so confidently pointed out in 2016.
Grammy-winning rapper Eminem has been through a lot in his life, including a years-long battle with drug addiction that affected his music career. Now, even in his sobriety, Eminem finds that rapping about his addiction helps him process it mentally. It’s a cause near and dear to the Grammy-winning rapper/singer-songwriter’s heart, as he has long been one of pop music’s most prominent recovery advocates. At the height of his career, while he was producing award-winning albums, he was battling alcohol and drug addiction. He even had an overdose that nearly cost him his life. But Eminem managed to get his life together and has successfully made his way through addiction recovery. Chicago rapper Famous Dex has been battling drug addiction for a good share of his career.
Macklemore says ‘not staying sober has been the worst’ part of his music career
It’s one thing to play up drug use as part of the creation of a musical persona , but it’s another to completely fake it for the sake of selling records and signing sponsorship deals. I always believed 50 to be an authentic artist, especially at the beginning of his career, but apparently his desire to sell records and brand loyalty trumps everything.
- “I didn’t really go to high school parties, and yeah, I didn’t touch pot till I was in my 20s… I didn’t get flat-out drunk until I went to college. But I think that’s a good thing in many ways,” she said.
- These aren’t grandiose thoughts, or for shock value.
- “It was the first album and the first time that I had fun recording in a long time.”
- Chicago rapper Famous Dex has been battling drug addiction for a good share of his career.
- Some famous rappers who don’t drink or do drugs went to rehab while other sober rappers quit cold turkey.
Though it may seem like drug use is conducive to creativity in the rap world, there are several rappers who prove that this is not the case. William Jonathan Drayton Jr., also known as rapper Flavor Flav, has had a rough past with drugs and alcohol. Macklemore’s CLEAN Cause partnership launches at a time when recovering addicts are especially struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic of the past two years. “I think that when the lockdown happened and people were forced to stay home and stay with their own thoughts and kids running around and all the other stresses, financial and everything in between — what do people do?
Wiki & Subjxct 5 Made the Next Great NY Rap Tape
“Some people can function , I’m just dysfunctional and self-destructive,” the Slaughterhouse rapper explained. In his past, Budden has struggled with an addiction to MDMA. In an interview with Fox News, Budden spoke about the dangers he’s experienced with the party-popular drug.
- Zac Efron told ELLE in 2016, “You get out of life what you put in. Crossing the line is what leads to greatness.”
- The singer publicly announced why he stopped drinking alcohol in a revealing 2015 blog.
- Addiction recovery was very far from his mind.
- According to Vibe, the famed rapper and actor has been living the sober life for quite some time now, despite the temptations that come with living the celebrity lifestyle.
- It’s easy to assume that Lecrae leads a straight-edge lifestyle because he’s a Christian rapper.
Eminem recalled recording in Florida as he was still in withdrawal after his overdose and said he was taking “75-80 valium a night” while he began work on Relapse. Macklemore revealed he has been sober for nearly two years after relapsing during the COVID-19 pandemic. By the time he left rehab, Eminem weight had ballooned to 230 pounds. He knew he needed to lose weight and to find a way to function sober. Thus, he turned to running, which gave him a natural high and helped him sleep at the same time.
Famous Dex reportedly visits rehab after being released from jail; his Instagram suggests otherwise
Em has vacillated between addiction and sobriety for years, and you can usually tell which songs were recorded sober rappers who are sober and which he recorded stoned out of his mind. Em once told “VIBE” that he had to relearn how to record music sober.